Core Paper of Ethereum aims at providing an overview of Ethereum Virtual Machine, and available enhancements that can be applied on Ethereum and Ethereum Classic blockchains.
Currently, we cherry-pick some pressing issues on Ethereum, and attempt to provide an overview of all available proposals falling under those categories.
Backward Compatibility: Backward compatibility enhancements such as account versioning, versionless EVM, and
Error Handling: Unrecoverable and recoverable error handlings.
Feature Upgrade: Hard fork, soft fork, and processes for gathering opinions on whether a hard fork or soft fork should proceed.
Mining Algorithms: Switching mining algorithms and related issues.
On this page
- Backward compatibility: Overview of backward compatibility issues in Ethereum and Ethereum Classic.
- Error handling: Error handling issues in Ethereum.
- Ethereum Virtual Machine: This provides a definition of Ethereum Virtual Machine that is modular. This enables reusing the EVM definition for projects outside of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Metering: Gas metering in Ethereum is used to calculate the cost of a particular contract execution. This article discusses improvements we can do to make metering better.
- Mining algorithms: Switching mining algorithms and related issues.
- State growth: State growth, storage rent, stateless client and other related issues.
- Feature upgrade: Overview of feature upgrade process and related issues in Ethereum and Ethereum Classic.